At VSCO, we believe in an authentic and trusting community that is and always will be Creator-first. We want to create and maintain a safe space for creators to experiment freely, be inspired, and make meaningful connections. These Community Guidelines are intended to help us do just that, to ensure our community remains positive, supportive, and trusted. Thank you for doing your part in building our community.
If you come across anyone in our community or content that appears to violate these guidelines, here is how to report it to us.
Respect the VSCO Community
Be kind to one another. Share who you are and be respectful of the VSCO Community.
Violence and Threats
Horrifying, violent, or distressing content, such as the following, is prohibited on VSCO:
- Statements advocating for, promoting, or intending to commit violence towards others or towards a specified, identifiable, or targeted individual or group
- The making or use of weapons;
- Animal abuse; and
- Content that can lead to online or offline harm by inciting violence or threatening to cause physical, emotional, or financial harm to others.
Bullying and Harassment
Content or activity that is abusive or negatively impacts others within the VSCO Community is not allowed. This includes:
- Degrading, shaming, intimidation, or harassment of others by any means;
- Repeated or unwanted contact or solicitation; and
- Promoting, calling for, or encouraging harm against others.
There's no place for hate on VSCO. Do not post content that:
- Discriminates, attacks, or promotes hatred or violence towards individuals or groups based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability or serious illness, or any other protected classification; or
- Attacks human dignity by using degrading or demeaning stereotypes, slurs, tropes, or other harmful statements or content.
Harmful or Suicidal Content
We prohibit harmful behavior that could put others within the VSCO community at risk. This includes content that:
- Promotes daring challenges with potential or actual risk of harm;
- Glorifies self-harm (e.g., eating disorders, self-inflicted physical injuries, and suicide); or
- Encourages suicide or engagement in self-harm.
If you or someone you know is considering self-harm or suicide, here are resources for you to seek support or assistance.
Respect the VSCO Platform
Ensure a positive and safe experience on VSCO by creating and sharing quality content.
Illegal conduct as well as the creation and distribution of inappropriate content can disrupt the experience we provide to anyone in the VSCO Community. The following is not allowed:
- Content engaging in illegal behavior or criminal activity;
- Illegal or illicit use of drugs;
- Fraudulent activities; or
- Anything else that is against the law.
Extremism and Hate Organizations
VSCO is not a place for the promotion of hateful activities. This includes:
- Representation or support of extremism or organizations that promote or organize terrorism, hate, or violent activity;
- Promotion, organization, or celebration of violent or extremist activity or campaigns; or
- Fundraising activity or recruitment of people to extremist organizations.
Nudity and Sexually Explicit Content or Conduct
Overtly sexualized content (including content digitally created or enhanced) is not permitted, including:
- Nudity, sexually explicit, or pornographic content;
- Sexual fetish, sexual arousal, groping, or any type of sexual activity;
- Sexualized language or sexualized comments, emojis, texts, or other graphics;
- Soliciting or threatening to release non-consensual intimate imagery or messages in an attempt to cause financial, emotional, or physical harm to somebody; or
- Soliciting or offering sexual services for money or other consideration.
We also do not allow sexually suggestive content that is intended to arouse or that is focused on the genitals, anus, buttocks, or private body parts that would typically be covered by a bathing suit.
Exceptions to the above restrictions:
- Non-sexualized fine art (such as paintings and sculpture) that does not appear to arouse or is not overtly focused on genitals;
- Mastectomy scars; and
- Gender-affirming scars.
Nudity and Sexual Exploitation of a Minor
Any content involving child nudity, sexual exploitation, and abuse is strictly prohibited. This type of content will be removed and promptly reported to the proper authorities. This includes:
- Posting or soliciting of content, including digitally-created or enhanced content, depicting nudity of minors and/or that appears to be sexualizing a minor; or
- Engaging or trying to engage a minor in conversation for sexual purposes.
We may take down content that contains nudity, even if posted by a family member, to protect your child’s privacy.
Foster Genuine Connections
Connect with others in a genuine and meaningful way to positively impact the community.
Misleading or false content can hinder the creation of genuine connections and is not allowed on VSCO. This includes:
- Misinformation that may cause harm to individuals, specific protected groups, our community, or the public, regardless of intent;
- Content that promotes conspiracies attacking specified protected groups; and
- Content denying the occurrence of historical or violent events.
Fraud and Spam
Be honest in your conduct and interactions on VSCO. We do not allow the following content or behaviors:
- Attempting to deceive, manipulate, or take advantage of others on VSCO;
- Non-genuine solicitation of services of or from others on VSCO; or
- Using artificial intelligence to facilitate any of the above.
VSCO celebrates original expression and is a place where Creators can experiment freely and authentically.
We ensure the protection of a Creator’s identity by prohibiting the solicitation or disclosure of any personally identifiable or private information of others or your own, such as:
- Identity cards and passports;
- Work badges;
- License plates; and
- Any unlisted contact information.
We prohibit the following to help protect a Creator’s right to privacy:
- Depictions of an individual’s recognizable likeness without their consent;
- Unauthorized content with a reasonable expectation of privacy in locations, such as bathrooms, bedrooms, locker rooms, and medical facilities; and
- Non-consensual intimate imagery.
Copyrights and Trademarks
VSCO serves as a safe space for creativity and inspiration. We prohibit the following to protect ownership rights:
- Using or posting content that's someone else's copyrighted or trademarked work without permission, including use of Creator content to train data models; and
- Posting or distributing elsewhere VSCO copyrighted or trademarked works without permission.
Use this form to file a claim if you believe someone has used your or someone else's work (as their authorized representative) without permission.
VSCO is a place for self-expression, so be yourself. We do not allow content that misrepresents, such as:
- Impersonating another person or organization in a way that deceives others; or
- Falsely impersonating our VSCO brand or content.